Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal – Start your day off on the right foot with this baked oatmeal! It is the perfect healthier breakfast packed full of blueberries and bananas!
I’ve been meaning to make baked oatmeal for so long! I eat oatmeal every morning, usually just grabbing a pack of flavored oatmeal, pouring it in a bowl, and tossing in blueberries. Nothing too exciting. But then I go online and see all of these delicious variations of oatmeal that sound way more exciting like overnight oats, baked oatmeal, slow cooker oatmeal (like this Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Oatmeal), and such. This was definitely worth the wait! I loved having it already cooked and I would just grab a slice to heat up before school. So easy! I need to try making more variations in the future, I think adding in other berries and such would be such an easy and tasty way to mix things up.
Apart from making this baked oatmeal, I’ve been messing with making videos with one hopefully coming next week. I am definitely not set up well to do one, I had to make the entire thing at my coffee table in my living room. Thankfully, I managed to only get a litle bit of sugar on the table!
Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 flax egg (or normal egg)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup very ripe bananas
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (brown sugar works as well)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 8″ square pan with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, chia seeds, and granulated sugar. Slowly add in the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Pour in the pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Take out of oven and let cool!