Blueberry Banana Bread – A simple bread with fresh blueberries and bananas. Perfect for breakfast with a bit of butter on a slice!
Banana bread is seriously so good. I always enjoy having it in various forms whether with walnuts in it, as muffins, or as a classic loaf. After waiting quite a while for my bananas to finally become overripe, I finally could make this bread! I was so excited about it! It was such an awesome breakfast to have before class for a whole week! I really love blueberries and bananas together too, between this and my Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal, they just are perfect together!
I made this bread well over a month ago now, I kept pushing off posting it because I made the video and intended to edit it while I was at the airport going to Japan but then ended up getting a new game on my computer and then wasting so much time playing it that it got pushed off for three weeks! Now it’s finally going up which I’m happy about as I have two more videos to edit in the queue so it’ll be great to move on to those! Make sure to check this video out down below!
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 bananas (overripe)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to combine butter and sugars.
- Add in milk, eggs, flour, baking powder, and baking soda, using a whisk to combine.
- Mash bananas and add into the batter, stirring until combined.
- Fold blueberries into the batter and then pour into loaf pan.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and then sprinkle over the bread.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until the top is golden-brown and it has baked all the way through.
- Let cool before slicing.
Adapted from The Baker Upstairs