Soft Pretzel Beer Cheese Dip – The ultimate tailgating snack! Simple soft pretzels baked with a gooey beer cheese dip in the middle!
Welcome to the 4th annual October is Tailgaiting Snacks Month event! Debi from Life Currents put together this fantastic event as a way to share new recipes that are perfect for tailgating! This was my first year participating and I decided to whip up a Pretzel Beer Cheese Dip for my recipe and dang, this is one tasty dip! Now this recipe has a bit of an Oktoberfest feel to it too with the pretzels and beer in it which makes it even more perfect for the season! I actually didn’t know that you can turn biscuits into pretzels by boiling them in a water and baking soda bath, they turn out pretty good and are super easy to make! Between those and the fantastic beer cheese dip in the middle, this will be a new favorite tailgating snack!
This is a recipe I can’t wait to make again! I just love the combination of flavors and am sure you guys will too!
Soft Pretzel Beer Cheese Dip
Beer Cheese Dip
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup beer
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can of jumbo biscuits (like Pillsbury Grands)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Course salt
- Egg wash
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a medium saucepan filled halfway up with water and the baking soda to a boil. Remove biscuits from can and cut each one in half. Roll each biscuit into a ball and use a knife to cut an “x” on top. Place two at a time into saucepan and reduce to a simmer. Let biscuits cook for 1-1.5 minutes and then using a spoon with slots in it, remove from water and move to the outside of either a skillet or a round pan. Continue to boil each biscuit before brushing them with the egg wash.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cheddar cheese, mozzarella, beer, cream cheese, garlic, mustard, worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Once well combined, transfer to the middle of the ring of biscuits and smooth out. Sprinkle top of dip with a bit of cheddar before placing in the oven and baking for 33-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!