Thai Peanut Chicken Wrap – A flavorful wrap perfect for lunch! A creamy thai peanut sauce, chicken breast, shredded greens, green onions, and peanuts in a wrap!
Wraps are one of my favorite things to make for dinner right now! After I made the Cranberry Chicken and Pecan Wrap last week, I was hooked! When I had leftover Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken, I was just itching to try making a wrap with it! It just ended up so flavorful and delicious, I definitely will be making this again soon!
I paired this with a nice bowl of white rice with soy sauce and sesame seeds on top and it was such a great meal! I think next I want to try doing a sesame chicken wrap but I need to go pick up some more wraps before I make anymore, I am already out! I go through them a bit too quickly!
Thai Peanut Chicken Wrap
- 1/3 cup shredded chicken *see notes
- 1/4 cup broccoli slaw
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Green onions
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer sauce to wraps and make a nice, even layer of it in a line all the way across the tortilla. Layer with chicken, broccoli slaw, peanuts, and green onions.
- Fold two opposite sides of the tortilla inward and roll to make the wrap!
- I highly suggest making the Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken instead of the individual chicken and sauce, it really lets all of the flavors seep in together and you have about enough chicken for about 5 wraps!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #RecipesThatCrock #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken – An easy weeknight meal filled with flavor! Chicken breasts slow cooked with a thai peanut sauce made with just a few simple ingredients!
This Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken is a new favorite at my house! It tastes just like the chicken satay I always get at my local Thai restaurant and I was so happy with how it turned out! Plus, it is SO easy to make, I just popped all of the ingredients in my slow cooker and let it go on high for 4 hours. I even got a chance to whip out my rice cooker which was in the back corner of my pantry covered in a bit of dust since I hadn’t used it in at least 1.5 years! This meal is so flavorful and delicious, I already am planning on making it again in a week or two!
To get everything I needed for the recipe, I stopped into my local Meijer store and grabbed the stars of the show, La Choy® Soy Sauce and Peter Pan® Peanut Butter! Everything was easy to find with the Peter Pan Peanut Butter being in the peanut butter section and La Choy Soy Sauce in the asian foods section.
Peter Pan Peanut Butter is my go-to peanut butter brand which is saying a lot because I am a peanut butter connoisseur! PB&Js are my guilty pleasure, I make 1-2 every day so I go through a LOT of peanut butter at my house! I just love the simple, wholesome ingredients and the wide selection of different varieties from crunchy, smooth, etc. It’s perfect in a sandwich, as a spread, or even on a spoon! If you need a peanut buttery sweet treat to go with this meal, make sure to check out my Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie also featuring Peter Pan Peanut Butter!
Make sure to click HERE for a mPerk reward for $.50 off 1 Peter Pan Peanut Butter 15-40 oz!
Now don’t forget to add some chopped peanuts and green onions for garish, it makes the meal look so much nicer!
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3/4 cup Peter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp La Choy Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (garnish)
- Fresh green onions (garnish)
- White rice
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, garlic, honey, soy sauce, coconut milk, lime juice, rice vinegar, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts at the bottom of slow cooker before pouring peanut sauce on top. Place lid on top of the slow cooker and set to HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Once chicken has cooked through, use forks to shred chicken before placing on a bed of white rice. Garnish with chopped peanuts and green onions (optional).
For more crockpot recipe inspiration, click HERE!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BarillaGlutenFree #CollectiveBias
Caprese Pasta – A quick and easy 30 minute meal! Made with gluten free spaghetti, a light marinara sauce, and blistered cherry tomatoes!
Pasta is one of my favorite foods but with so many friends and family that live gluten free lifestyles, I am always searching for the perfect gluten free pasta to serve them when they come over and I think I found it! Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti and Barilla Gluten Free Penne are a new favorite at my house, the taste and texture is just like “regular” pastas that I normally get! They are made with non-GMO corn and rice and are so versatile!
I had a friend coming over for dinner that was gluten free so I decided to whip up this Caprese Pasta! It is a lighter pasta that doesn’t lack on flavors between the homemade marinara sauce, blistered tomatoes, fresh basil, and Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti!
To get everything I needed, I popped over to my local Kroger. I found the Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti right in the pasta aisle by the other Barilla products, it was super easy to find! Make sure to check out a coupon for Barilla Gluten Free products at Kroger HERE!
This really is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. Start to finish, it took less than 30 minutes because everything could be cooked simultaneously! This meal was definitely not lacking in flavor either! My gluten free friend was a huge fan too! I can’t wait to make this again soon, the leftovers disappeared too quickly!
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Parmesan or fresh mozzarella
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- In a large saucepan, combine olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes over medium-low heat and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour crushed tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaves into the saucepan and stir to combine. Let simmer for 20 minutes before removing from heat and taking out bay leaves.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to box directions.
- In a medium pan, combine olive oil and garlic for blistered tomatoes over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add in tomatoes to the pan and let sit for 2 minutes (they should be starting to blister) before giving them a stir and removing them from heat. Let sit at least 2 more minutes before serving.
- To serve, place the pasta in a large bowl and top with marinara sauce, blistered tomatoes, fresh basil, and cheese (optional). Enjoy!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SahaleSnacksatTarget #CollectiveBias
Cranberry Chicken and Pecan Wrap – A delicious lunch ready in just minutes! Made with shredded chicken, apple, pecans, and a creamy cranberry spread!
Now this is one tasty wrap! I just love the combination of flavors in it, the apples, cranberries, pecans, and chicken really work perfectly together! It feels like fall in a wrap! The thing that really took the wrap to a whole new level was the Sahale Snacks Valdosta Pecans Glazed Mix in it! These pecans are just wonderful, they are roasted pecans and whole cranberries with a bit of orange zest and a pinch of pepper! It is such an addicting snack!
To get everything I needed for this wrap, I popped over to my local Target. The Sahale Snacks are located right in the nut aisle, they were super easy to find! I ended up picking up not just the Valdosta Pecans Glazed Mix but also the Naturally Pomegranate Vanilla Flavored Cashews Glazed Mix. They sounded too tasty not to get!
In addition to the Naturally Pomegranate Vanilla Flavored Cashews Glazed Mix and Valdosta Pecans Glazed Mix, there are also Honey Almonds Glazed Mix and Naturally Pomegranate Flavored Pistachios Glazed Mix! I can’t wait to pick those up next time I am at the store, I am so hooked on Sahale Snacks right now! I love that their products are Gluten-Free, Non-GMO Project Verified, Kosher, and really changing snacks one bite at a time with their innovative flavors!
Pecans are my favorite snack, I love cooking with them and making recipes that highlight them (like my Slow Cooker Pecan Pie) but I hadn’t used them in a sandwich or wrap before! They add such a nice bit of texture and flavor!
Cranberry Chicken and Pecan Wrap
Makes 2 wraps
- 1 cooked chicken breast (shredded)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced apple
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 oz Sahale Snacks Valdosta Pecans Glazed Mix
- 2 large tortillas or wraps
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and honey. Once that is fully combined, add in cranberries and stir them in.
- Transfer spread to wraps and make a nice, even layer of it in a line all the way across the tortilla. Layer with chicken, apple, and and Sahale Snacks Valdosta Pecans Glazed Mix.
- Fold two opposite sides of the tortilla inward and roll to make the wrap!
Creamy Roasted Garlic Penne Pasta – A quick and easy 30 minute meal packed full of flavor! A creamy roasted garlic sauce over penne pasta!
I just love pasta! It is one of my favorite meals to make, I usually go for tortellini alfredo but this time I decided to mix it up and try making a bit of a different garlic cream sauce! It was so easy to make and incredibly flavorful! I paired it with a baguette with butter, parmesan, and extra roasted garlic on top! It was the perfect meal!
I actually made this pasta about two weeks ago but since I ended up so busy, I didn’t get it up until now because of how busy I’ve been up here! I have a whole bunch of recipes photographed but just not written up!
This is also one of the first dinner recipes I’ve actually written too! Make sure to check out some of the other like the Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Pork and Veggies, Salsa Verde Chicken Eggrolls, and Italian Beef Grilled Cheese, they are all pretty tasty!
Creamy Roasted Garlic Penne Pasta
- 1 box of penne pasta
- 1 head of roasted garlic*
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp heavy cream + 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- Remove garlic cloves from head and mash with fork. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook penne pata for the amount of time directed on box.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add in garlic and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Slowly add in cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until melted.
- In a small bowl, combine heavy cream and flour. Stir until well combined before transferring to the saucepan. This will help thicken the sauce up. Stir until there are no more clumps in the sauce.
- Continue to stir for a few more minutes while the sauce thickens up.
- Drain cooked pasta and pour sauce over it. Garnish with parmesan and a bit of fresh parsley!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
Are you ready to ban the bland and take your game day appetizers to a whole new level?! My new favorite appetizers to make are Salsa Verde Chicken Eggrolls made with Pace® Salsa Verde, shredded chicken, pepper jack cheese, and egg roll wrappers all from my local Walmart store! They are so simple to make but they pack a punch flavor-wise!
I used the Pace® Salsa Verde to marinade the chicken in while it cooked to let the flavors seep in and really take the chicken from bland and boring to delicious and flavorful all the way though.
I found 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde at Walmart right in the hispanic food department! So easy to find! While I was there, I just had to pick up some 24 oz. Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium too to serve with some chips!
Pace® Salsa is my go-to salsa because of the authentic southwestern flavors and the bold kick! It’s really good on anything but ice cream and kicks any meal’s flavor up to an 11! How are you going to ban the bland with Pace®? Get recipe inspiration here.
Ready to shop for Pace® products? Hover over the photo to click through to Walmart.com and purchase them
Salsa Verde Chicken Eggrolls
- 1 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups Pace® Salsa Verde
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 12 eggroll wrappers
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and line sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place chicken breasts flat in a casserole dish. Cover chicken breasts with 1 cup of salsa verde. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and use two forks to shred. Add in remaining ½ cup salsa verde and pepper jack cheese. Mix until combined.
- Lay eggroll wrapper out and place 2 tbsps of the chicken filling a little bit below the middle of the eggroll wrapper. Fold the left and right corners in as far as they can go before folding the bottom over. Roll the eggroll until it is secure and run your finger with a bit of water on it across the edge of the eggroll wrapper to help keep it in place. Transfer eggroll to sheet pan and drizzle half of the oil over the top.
- Once all eggrolls are done, bake for 8-9 minutes before flipping them over, drizzling remaining oil on the other side, and baking for an additional 8-9 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with more salsa verde!
Make sure to check out an awesome Ibotta® deal on Pace® products at Walmart! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.)
Tex-Mex Eggrolls – Eggrolls filled with corn, black beans, spinach, and green chiles! The ultimate appetizer for game-day or parties!
What a crazy few weeks it has been. A group of bloggers decided to do Texas themed recipes to help raise money for reputable charities helped out after Hurricane Harvey so I jumped on board. Since the, Hurricane Irma has hit too. This would be a really great time to donate to the American Red Cross to help out those effected by the storm. A lot of people could use the help right now!
The recipe I decided to make that was Texas themed were these Tex-Mex Eggrolls. I’ve made them before and they are always so good! You have to dip them in guacamole, it takes them to a whole new level!
There was actually one year where we made them as our meal for Thanksgiving! I was in the Thanksgiving Day Parade in downtown Detroit for marching band and we had a bit of an unconventional meal after filled with these eggrolls and mini pizzas. I actually preferred it to a turkey!
- 2 cups corn
- 15 oz can of black beans
- 10 oz package frozen spinach (thawed)
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 package eggroll wrappers
- Small bowl of water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and line sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine black beans, spinach, cheese, cilantro, corn, chilies, cumin, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Mix until combined.
- Lay egg roll wrapper out and place 2 tbsps of filling a little bit below the middle of the egg roll wrapper. Fold the left and right corners in as far as they can go before folding the bottom over. Roll the egg roll until it is secure and run your finger with a bit of water on it across the edge of the egg roll wrapper to help keep it in place. Transfer egg roll to sheet pan and drizzle half of the oil over the top.
- Once all egg rolls are done, bake for 8-9 minutes before flipping them over, drizzling remaining oil on the other side, and baking for an additional 8-9 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with guacamole!
Adapted from Who Needs A Cape?
Check out all of the other Texas themed recipes!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Pork and Veggies – A quick and easy 30 minute meal with minimal clean up! Fresh green beans, yukon gold potatoes, and pork tenderloin with a garlic herb sauce!
I am always looking for easy weeknight meals to make after a long day of work and sheet pan meals are a staple for me! I love how simple they are to make and that they are done really quickly! This week I decided to try making this amazing Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Pork and Veggies using Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet and wow, it was so good! It was very flavorful and the whole meal came together in 30 minutes!
I picked up the Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet at my local Walmart along with some fresh green beans and potatoes! There was a variety of different flavors and cuts of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork but the Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet sounded perfect for what I was making! Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork is 100% pork and their products could be prepared so many different ways from grilling to slow cooking! Plus, they are running a giveaway to win a trip to the Napa Valley (more information below!)
I ended up turning the leftover pork into a grilled cheese with thinly cut slices of the Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet, a creamy dijon spread, and swiss cheese all on rye bread with the remaining potatoes and green beans on the side! It was a hearty lunch and so delicious!
Another thing I just love about sheet pan meals is how quick the clean up is. Overall, the only dishes I had were the sheet pan, two bowls, and a spoon! Clean up took so much less time then normal which was great!
Are you in need of a weekend getaway? Smithfield® is here to help you and a guest experience the ultimate luxury trip to the renowned Napa Valley where you will get the chance to experience all that Wine Country has to offer! All you have to do is head on over to SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFast.com and submit your tip/trick on how you get dinner ready in 30 minutes or less using Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork.
Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Pork and Veggies
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans and potatoes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, parsley, oregano, and pepper. Stir and pour over vegetables. Stir until they are well coated.
- Place Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet and vegetables on a sheet pan. Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature is 150°F.
- Slice pork and serve!
Don’t forget to enter to win Smithfield®‘s trip to Napa Valley here!
Make sure to follow Smithfield® along on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube!
Pepperoni Pizza Poppers – A quick and easy snack or meal with all of your favorite pepperoni pizza flavors! A dinnertime favorite at my house!
Pizza nights are a staple at my house! We rotate between Pizza Hut and Domino’s on Fridays but on the day in between, sometimes we need some more pizza! Instead of making a boring frozen pizza, I whipped these up one night and they disappeared within minutes! This is basically pepperoni pizza monkey bread as it is pull apart and it is perfect for dipping in extra pizza sauce! In addition to being a great meal, these would be a fantastic appetizer or even an after school snack!
My favorite pizza is definitely cheese with either pepperoni or pineapple after. I think it would be fun to experiment with these a bit more and make a hawaiian version with pineapple and ham too! What could be bad with that?!
This was actually a post that kinda got lost in all of my drafts, I made this about 4 months ago and was amazed to see how far my photography has come since! I had made these while the last school year was still going which is just so crazy!
Pepperoni Pizza Poppers
- 4 7.5 oz tubes of biscuits (quartered)
- 1/2 cup pepperoni (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded italian cheese
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 5 tbsp pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix.
- Transfer to muffin tin, filling each slot 3/4 of the way up to leave room for the biscuits to expand while baking.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving!
Adapted from Who Needs A Cape
Italian Beef Grilled Cheese – Take your grilled cheese to a whole new level with peperoncini, provolone, roast beef, and a delicious creamy dijon spread! Lunch has never been more flavorful!
Grilled cheese sandwiches are a staple at my house! For the most part, we still to plain ole’ american cheese and bread but occasionally I like to jazz them up and use exciting new ingredients. I decided to take my favorite flavors from italian beef and make them into a grilled cheese and oh my, this might just be the greatest grilled cheese I have ever made! Start to finish, this is a meal that takes less than 15 minutes so it’s nice and quick, perfect for busy weeknights! Most of what is in this is ingredients you usually have lying around but may have forgotten in the back corner of your fridge, like peperoncini. Personally, I am really guilty of buying things like peperoncini for a recipe and completely forgetting I ever bought them after that as they get pushed farther and farther into the back corner of my fridge. It’s such an exciting surprise when they pop back up a few months later as I am cleaning my fridge! If you are one of those people too, then pull out that jar of peperoncini and let’s get to the bottom of that jar instead of wasting them!
I popped over to get everything I needed at my local ShopRite where the Mezzetta Peperoncini were located with other jarred veggies and toppings. Super easy to find!
I think the peperoncini are such a nice addition to this grilled cheese, it really is the star of the show! This will definitely be a new regular recipe at my house!
Make sure to check out Mezzetta’s Brighten Every Bite Sweepstakes for a chance to win 52 meal kits for 2! Every entrant gets 10% off any Chef’d order! Enter here!
Italian Beef Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 lbs thinly sliced roast beef
- 1/4 lbs provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced Mezzetta peperoncini
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional for garnish)
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp melted butter, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir well and then spread on one side of each slice of bread.
- On top of the side of two slices of bread that have the creamy dijon spread, place a layer of provolone, roast beef, peperoncini, and another layer of provolone. Set another slice of bread on top wit hthe creamy dijon spread facing down.
- Spread melted butter on both of the sides of the sandwich facing outward.
- Place on a medium frying pan on medium heat. Flip once the bottom is golden brown and cheese has melted. Take of heat once the other side is also golden brown.
- Cut and serve hot.