Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – a delightful, classic chocolate cookie rolled in powdered sugar before baking to give them a beautiful, cracked outside! Perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange!
Welcome to Choctoberfest day 3! If you missed with of the last two posts (Mocha Eclairs and Hot Chocolate Cookies), make sure to go check them out and enter the contest to $450 prize package! With this week being dedicated to chocolate, I decided to whip up a batch of simple Chocolate Crinkle Cookies! These are a holiday staple at my house and a must for cookie exchanges coming up the next few months! These cookies always disappear so quickly at my house, what’s not to love about them?!
I ended up making these cookies using Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil! Barlean’s was one of Choctoberfest’s sponsors this year (thanks Barlean’s!) and they sent us three fantastic products, their 16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint! I love cooking with coconut oil and was so excited to try using one that was butter flavored! It is a 1:1 substitution for butter and has all of the health benefits of coconut oil! Perfect for holiday baking!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix together using a whisk and then set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine melted butter (or coconut oil) and cocoa powder. Stir well before adding in eggs and vanilla.
- Once well combined, pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mixer well with either a mixer or a whisk.
- Measure out a tablespoon of cookie dough and roll in powdered sugar before transferring to lined cookie sheet. Repeat until cookie sheet is full, leaving 2-3″ of space around each cookie before placing in the oven to bake for 12-13 minutes. Once cooked through, remove and enjoy!
Barlean’s provided me the 16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint to use. As always, all opinions are my own.
Make sure to check out all of the other amazing recipes from other bloggers for #Choctoberfest today!