Cinnamon Roll Pretzels – All of the tastiness of a cinnamon roll twisted into the fun shape of a pretzel with a cream cheese frosting dip to dunk into!
I’m finally back to blogging! Between how busy the holidays were and starting the new semester, cooking has gone a bit by the wayside. My friend made cheesy pretzels when we were hanging out and they were AMAZING! So I got to thinking of other variations on the pretzels and then came up with the idea of cinnamon roll pretzels. Yes yes, I know that these barely quantify as pretzels past the shape. I’ve made genuine pretzels before but these are easy, delicious, and take way less time. To make things even better, I whipped up a cream cheese frosting dip because I feel as though pretzels need to be dipped!
I ended up making these with bacon and hashbrowns for dinner last night and it was so good! The perfect addition to breakfast for dinner!
Cinnamon Roll Pretzels
- 1 can of pizza dough
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
Cream Cheese Frosting Dip
- 1.5 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tbsp butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Open can of pizza dough and spread out.
- Slice pizza dough into 6 pieces along the shorter side of the rectangular pizza dough.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Spread mixture evenly on all of the of pizza dough slices, leaving a little bit unused to sprinkle on top.
- Fold each pizza dough slice over horizontally so that the edges meet and pinch the dough in along where they meet so that the cinnamon mixture is inside.
- Twist into the shape of a pretzel. Cross the dough and twist the dough around where it crosses. Place the ends near the middle of the dough with a bit of space inbetween.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture on top of the pretzels.
- Place pretzels onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper as lining.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While the pretzels are baking, combine butter, vanilla, and cream cheese in another small bowl and whip together using hand mixer for the dip.
- Slowly add in the confectioners sugar and mix until there are no lumps.
- Pull out the pretzels and let cool before eating!