This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OurCaringHands #SoftsoapTouch #CollectiveBias
Since I was little, my mom and I would go and get bagels every weekend. It was always so much fun and we looked forward to it all week! My favorite were blueberry bagels and hers were cranberry walnut. I would always end up making a mess spreading on the cream cheese and would have to wash off my hands at the end with soap leaving my hands dry and cracked.
For Mother’s Day this year, I decided to change things up and make Cranberry Walnut Bagels right at home! I hadn’t made bagels for many years so it was a fun, new experience for us to try together!
We hopped in the car and went to our local Target to get ingredients for the bagels that we did not have such as the cranberries and walnuts along with some more soap since we knew we were going to make a complete mess. We picked up some SoftSoap® Hand Wash Plus Lotion™ Shea & Cocoa Butter and SoftSoap® Hand Wash Plus Lotion™ Orchid & Coconut Milk to use to wash all of the dough off of our hands while we were making the bagels and fell in love! It was super easy to find, right in the soap aisle by the other hand washes. There was also one other scent that sounded incredible, the SoftSoap® Hand Wash Plus Lotion™ Aloe Water & Lime.
I think I ended up washing my hands about 10-15 times during the process and came out with my hands actually feeling nicer than they did before I washed them! Plus Lotion is the only hand wash with a touch of lotion inside so your hands feel so soft and smooth, yet also not greasy! My favorite scent was the Shea & Cocoa Butter with it’s complex and indulgent scent! It was so lovely! It was really exciting to find a new, great product that we both love!
We were so happy with how these bagels ended up turning out (and of course, how soft our hands were after all of those washes!). The bagels were delicious and much simpler than I expected!
It was the perfect Mother’s Day treat for my mother and it brought back so many good memories of our bagel trips together!
Cranberry Walnut Bagels
- 1 packet instant dry yeast
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ + ¾ cup warm water
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine yeast, ½ water, and 1 tbsp sugar. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- While that is sitting, combine flour, salt, and remaining sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer. Stir to combine.
- Pour in yeast mixture and remaining water and mix until a dough is formed. Pour in walnuts and cranberries and continue to mix until fully combined.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover. Let rise for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and fill a large pot 2/3 of the way up with water and bring to a simmer, not a boil.
- Move dough back to lightly floured surface and punch down dough. Let sit for 20 more minutes.
- Split dough into 8 evenly sized pieces and roll into a ball. Poke a hole in the middle of each piece of dough with your finger and work on spreading the hole so it has a width of about 1 inch. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let rise 20 minutes.
- Transfer bagels to pot of water with a slotted spoon for 1-2 minutes (they should float). Do it in two batches, 4 at a time so they aren’t over crowded.
- Transfer bagels back to baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook for 18-20 minutes or until the top is slightly brown.