Creamy Roasted Garlic Penne Pasta – A quick and easy 30 minute meal packed full of flavor! A creamy roasted garlic sauce over penne pasta!
I just love pasta! It is one of my favorite meals to make, I usually go for tortellini alfredo but this time I decided to mix it up and try making a bit of a different garlic cream sauce! It was so easy to make and incredibly flavorful! I paired it with a baguette with butter, parmesan, and extra roasted garlic on top! It was the perfect meal!
I actually made this pasta about two weeks ago but since I ended up so busy, I didn’t get it up until now because of how busy I’ve been up here! I have a whole bunch of recipes photographed but just not written up!
This is also one of the first dinner recipes I’ve actually written too! Make sure to check out some of the other like the Sheet Pan Garlic Herb Pork and Veggies, Salsa Verde Chicken Eggrolls, and Italian Beef Grilled Cheese, they are all pretty tasty!
Creamy Roasted Garlic Penne Pasta
- 1 box of penne pasta
- 1 head of roasted garlic*
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp heavy cream + 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- Remove garlic cloves from head and mash with fork. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook penne pata for the amount of time directed on box.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add in garlic and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Slowly add in cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir until melted.
- In a small bowl, combine heavy cream and flour. Stir until well combined before transferring to the saucepan. This will help thicken the sauce up. Stir until there are no more clumps in the sauce.
- Continue to stir for a few more minutes while the sauce thickens up.
- Drain cooked pasta and pour sauce over it. Garnish with parmesan and a bit of fresh parsley!
- Here is a great recipe for roasting garlic