Lavender Lemon Earl Grey Ice Cream – A simple, yet elegant dessert made with lavender earl grey tea, fresh lemon juice, and creamy no-churn ice cream base.
I have been on a lavender lemon kick! Between this ice cream and some lavender lemon macarons I whipped up, it is my go-to flavor combo! I love how light it is and it feels so elegant! Originally, this was simply going to be an earl grey ice cream but when I found a tin of lavender earl grey tea in the pantry, I knew I had to use it! Plus did I mention this is a no-churn ice cream? It’s is literally SO easy to make!
I absolutely loved getting to pull out these gorgeous tea cups, picking between all of them was so difficult because they were all so gorgeous but I thought the orange in this one complemented the purple in the lavender. I suggest sprinkling some cinnamon and a little honey on top of the ice cream! I paired this will a slice of lemon buttermilk cake and was in dessert nirvana!
Lavender Lemon Earl Grey Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 lavender earl grey tea bags*
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp lavender extract
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring heavy whipping cream to a soft boil. Take off heat and put in tea bags. Let steep for 30 minutes. Discard teabags and let cool at least 4 hours.
- Transfer to a stand mixer and whip on high until a similar consistency to whipped cream.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon, lavender, vanilla, and salt. Stir until combined and set aside.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Pour ice cream mixture into a bread pan.
- Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.
*If you can’t find lavender earl grey tea bags, then use regular earl grey tea bags and bump up the amount of lavender extract used to 1/4 tsp