Mimosa Cupcakes – All of your favorite mimosa flavors in a cupcake! A fluffy orange champagne cupcake topped with a light buttercream frosting!
So in case you missed my Snickerdoodle Cupcakes this week, never fear! I have more cupcakes! So these are perfect for any champagne lovers out there so grab a glass and dig in! These cupcakes have a fluffy orange champagne cupcake base and are topped with a champagne buttercream and orange zest. What could be better, right? I made these for a party a few weeks back and they were such a hit! I just love the pop of color from the orange curls on top! I had wanted to make candied orange curls for the top but completely ran out of time but I was happy with how these turned out!
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup champagne
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir and then set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine butter, champagne, sugar, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, and sour cream. Mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites with a hand mixer well until hard peaks form. Fold in the liquids until combined. Do not over mix.
- Slowly fold in dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Once batter is well combined, scoop into lined muffin tins. Bake for 19-21 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting.
- In a small saucepan, bring champagne to a boil. Once champagne is boiling, let simmer for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely. If the champagne does not cool to either room temperature or colder, it will melt the frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth using a hand mixer or stand mixer. Slowly add in confectioners’ sugar, orange juice, champagne and vanilla. Continue to mix until light and creamy.
- Transfer to a large piping bag fitted with an extra large tip to frost cupcakes. (optional)
- Top with a pinch of orange zest. (optional)
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction