No Bake Blueberry Almond Energy Bites – Start your day right with these tasty blueberry almond energy bites that are jam packed with oatmeal, Post® Shredded Wheat, dried blueberries, and almonds. Delicious and healthy!
Welcome to 2017! With the new year in full swing, it’s time to start following through with all of our New Years resolutions! My resolutions were to eat healthier, to eat breakfast everyday, and to eat out less. I picked those resolutions because I want to make new healthy habits that with benefit my life for years to come. It can be so hard to follow through on our New Years goals sometimes, last year I made a list and then lost it until months later when I was cleaning. Whoops! To combat that, I grabbed my brand new planner for 2017 and put a list of my goals right now the first page so everyday when I open it, I remember what I am trying to do and the importance of these goals!
To start out on a good foot, I whipped up a batch of these No Bake Blueberry Almond Energy Bites and boy, were they good! Breakfast can be so forgettable and easy to just decide to skip so why not jazz it up and make it the most memorable meal of the day, something to get excited about and look forward to! I made sure these bites were packed with healthy ingredients from old-fashioned oats to Post® Shredded Wheat to raw almonds and they were so filling! These blueberry almond bites have whole grains, protein, and even antioxidants! Great, right? I’ve been a big fan of Post® Shredded Wheat cereal for a while and it was such a great addition to these energy bites! They give a bit of crunch and have such a great flavor. I love that they are a less processed cereal that I can feel good about eating!
No Bake Blueberry Almond Energy Bites
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup crushed Post® Shredded Wheat
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup almond butter (add more as needed if balls aren’t sticky enough)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Microwave almond butter and honey in a microwave safe bowl until runny, about 20 seconds.
- Pour Post® Shredded Wheat into a large ziploc bag and seal. Use a rolling pin to slightly crush cereal but do not pulverize. Leave some chunks.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large glass bowl and stir.
- Pour in almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Roll balls or use a 1-2 inch cookie scoop, placing each ball on to a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Before you make this recipe, make sure you print out this COUPON to get a discount on Post® Shredded Wheat and other great Post® cereals! Enjoy #spoonfulsofgoodness with every box of Post® Shredded Wheat!