Parmesan Pesto Twists – Simple twisted breadsticks layered with delicious basil pesto and shredded parmesan.
Today started out in turmoil as I went to go make lemon sweet rolls, something I had been eager to make since I had gone to the grocery store on Sunday and had gotten the ingredients for…. or so I thought. Turns out, I lack any normal, white granulated sugar. Instead of just hopping in the car to get some like most people would, I sat there and contemplated a backup plan and something else to make as I had already set aside the time to make something and the oven was already preheating. I had been planning on making these pesto twists for a few days, but hadn’t gotten around to it yet so they got moved to center stage and boy, were these good! I had them with a bowl of three cheese tortellini, topped with a fire-roasted marinara sauce and it was the perfect meal! It had been way too long since I had had a good bowl of pasta (okay, well, a week but I live on pasta so that is a long time).
Parmesan Pesto Twists
- 1 can pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pesto (I used premade but homemade would be perfect too!)
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Open can of pizza dough and spread out.
- Spread pesto evenly on the pizza dough before sprinkling the parmesan on the dough, leaving a bit to sprinkle on top of the twists before baking.
- Twist the breadstick a few times before placing on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top of twists before placing them in the oven.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a light, golden brown.
- Take out of oven and let cool before serving, enjoy!