Patriotic Cake Batter Dip – A super simple dip perfect for patriotic holidays! Great for a party and it tastes fantastic!
I can’t believe it’s already almost summertime! It’s about time to get a few patriotic recipes out! Between 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day, there are so many holidays here that need red, white, and blue snackeroos. I had been tossing around the idea of making this dip for a few months actually but I was really struggling to think of a creative way to make a dip red, white, and blue and not purple or a brown. I looked around at different colorful dessert dips and finally had a lightbulb go off when I saw a unicorn dip that had a variety of colors nicely swirled together!
I also ended up struggling with finding festive sprinkles, I think I must have just been about a week too early and went to a few stores before finding an over-priced variety at Micheal’s…
I was so happy with how this ended up! I thought it tasted amazing and overall, it was so easy to make! I would definitely make it again in a heartbeat!
Patriotic Cake Batter Dip
- 1 cup white cake mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- Red food coloring*
- Blue food coloring*
- In a chilled mixing bowl, combine heavy whipping cream and confectioners sugar. Using a hand mixer to whip until light and fluffy.
- In a different mixing bowl, combine cake mix and cream cheese. Use a hand mixer to mix and then pour in the whipped cream. Combine to mix until well combined.
- Split into 3 separate bowls. Set one bowl aside, that will be the white. In one bowl, add in red food coloring. Stir until well combined. In the last bowl, add in blue food coloring. Stir.
- Use a spoon to scoop dip into a bowl. Put all of the red on one side of the bowl with the blue across, filling in the space in between with white dip. This helps prevent dip from turning purple when swirled.
- Use a toothpick to swirl the dip a bit. Top with sprink
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.