Pepperoni Pizza Pretzels – Everything you love about pizza and pretzels combined into one tasty snack! The pretzels are stuffed with pepperoni and cheese then baked to golden perfection!
I’m on a pretzel kick right now! Between the Cinnamon Roll Pretzels and now these Pepperoni Pizza Pretzels, I have been basically living on pseudo-pretzels. This time though, these were savory and delicious! I stuffed them with italian blend cheese and pepperoni before twisting them into their iconic shape and smothering them with a mix of melted butter, italian seasoning, and minced garlic. Oh, and did I mention that dipping them in pizza sauce makes the whole experience even better!
I made these before my American Literature class one day and really just ended up sitting there the whole time thinking about them, excited to dig in when I got home. Unfortunately, I managed not to get an sides to go with them so I had to make do with boxed couscous but hey, it was still a great meal.
Pepperoni Pizza Pretzels
- 1 can of pizza dough
- 1/2 cup italian shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup pepperonis (mini pepperonis would work best but I was unable to find them so I sliced normal sized pepperonis into 8 pieces)
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Open and unroll pizza dough before slicing into 6 pieces along the shorter side of the rectangular pizza dough.
- Sprinkle italian cheese and pepperonis evenly across the slices of pizza dough.
- Fold each pizza dough slice over horizontally so that the edges meet and pinch the dough in along where they meet so that the cheese and pepperoni are inside.
- Twist into the shape of a pretzel. Cross the dough and twist the dough around where it crosses. Place the ends near the middle of the dough with a bit of space inbetween.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, italian seasoning, and minced garlic. Drizzle on top of the pretzels.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top of pretzels.
- Place pretzels onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper as lining.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Pull out the pretzels and let cool before eating!