Apple Cider Baked Donuts – Skip going to the cider mill and make delicious apple cider donuts right at home! The perfect fall treat!
So I made a little mistake with these donuts…. I accidentally deleted all of the pictures of them. I was backing up all of my pictures for the site onto my external hard drive and I thought they were finished copying but apperently they weren’t and as soon as I cleared my trashbin, I realized I lost at least 2 posts pictures that weren’t backed up. Whoops! I was able to have my trashbin recovered thanks to a little Linux utility TestDisk but I found out I had three pictures saved to Google Drive because I had posted them on Instagram so I just went with those! I don’t have any pictures of the other post, Apple Pie Energy Bites, but I was planning on making another batch of them anyway because they were an awesome breakfast!
So back to the Apple Cider Baked Donuts. They are realllllly good and I would definitely make them again! I used the Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Cider I made a little while back and it was so perfect in there!
Apple Cider Baked Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine butter, apple cider, sugar, and egg. Add in dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Transfer batter to donut pan using a spoon. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into one and it doesn’t come out wet.
- After the donuts are removed from the oven, melt butter for coating in a bowl large enough to dunk a donut in. In another bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Take a donut and place in bowl filled with butter and coat both sides. Transfer to cinnamon sugar and make sure it is completely covered with the coating. Transfer to cooling rack.