Gingerbread Spice Marshmallows – Fluffy homemade marshmallows with nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves to give them the flavors of a gingerbread cookie!
I’m finally getting into the holiday spirit! After yet another semester ending, we did the 10 hour drive downstate for the holidays. Thankfully this time, break is almost a month! I was so excited to get down here and start making Christmas treats such as cookies but thus far, these marshmallows and fluffy gingerbread dip are the only things I’ve made! These would be amazing in a cup of hot chocolate or just to munch on which is what we’ve been doing over here! The addition of gingerbread spice makes the perfect for the holidays and it is just a fun twist on a classic treat! I don’t particularly like normal marshmallows from the store but I got this amazing gourmet marshmallow as a Christmas gift a few years ago and it was life changing! It turned me into a fan of fancy marshmallows! I can’t wait to try other flavors out after seeing how easy these were to make!
Gingerbread Spice Marshmallows
- 3 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and cold water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, dissolve sugar and 1 1/2 cups of water. Stir constantly until well combined.
- Add gelatin mixture into the saucepan and bring to a slight boil. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a while.
- Spray 9×9 pan with cooking spray to keep marshmallows from sticking.
- Pour mixture into a stand mixer and add vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Turn on mixer and have it whip the mixture on high until it is thick and slowly falls off the beater. It should take a few minutes.
- Quickly pour marshmallow mixture into the 9×9 pan and use a spreader to flatten the marshmallows.
- Let set for at least 2-3 hours before cutting and serving.
- (Optional) You can toss the marshmallows in the gingerbread spice topping but it isn’t necessary, they taste amazing without it too!