Strawberries and Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal – Delicious steel cut oatmeal topped with roasted strawberries! A healthy way to start the day!
Every morning, I eat oatmeal. I know, not the most exciting breakfast, but it’s at least kinda healthy. I use an oatmeal packet, add some plain oatmeal, and some almond milk, tossing some blueberries on top. Today, I mixed it up and decided to try making one of my favorites, strawberries and cream oatmeal myself. It was originally going to be a slow cooker oatmeal but I switched it up to be a stove-top recipe as I didn’t want to wait all day for it to be done 🙂
Roasting the strawberries let all of their juices out and gave them such a lovely flavor! It was such an incredible topping along with some chopped pecans for an extra crunch! I want to try doing it with some other fruits like peaches and blueberries so I can do other cream oatmeals! So long oatmeal packets!
Check out the video!
Strawberries and Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 2 cups milk (I used almond)
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz strawberries (quartered)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a round glass dish, combine strawberries, maple syrup, and olive oil.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Take strawberries out about 10 minutes in to stir before putting them back in the oven.
- In a small pot, combine milk, steel cut oats, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Place on medium heat and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a spoonful of strawberries on top!
Adapted from Cook Nourish Bliss